[ubuntu-uk] BBC radio Free For All - InBusiness item

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Thu Jan 8 22:35:11 GMT 2009

alan c wrote:
> I have just heard Peter Day's In Business program, and it is totally
> about free software its past and future. Very concise I thought, and
> well informed.
> Worth a listen (podcast available)
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/inbusiness/inbusiness.shtml
>
> Free For All broadcast on 8-1-09

I found it confused freedom and zero-price a bit. :-/

Still interesting and concise in many places though.

"Free For All

Maybe there are better ways of doing business than charging users for
goods and services. But is it really profitable to give products away?
Peter Day hears from two advocates of business models that turn
conventional wisdom on its head."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/inbusiness/inbusiness.shtml
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio/worldbiz/worldbiz_20090108-2030a.mp3
(14MB)