[ubuntu-uk] Keep losing sound

Bruce Durling bld at otfrom.com
Wed Jan 7 12:47:52 GMT 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Oliver Marks
<Oliver.Marks at homedics.co.uk> wrote:
> Not sure if this will help, but flash player uses alsa by default, but
> if you install flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound it will try and output
> thought esound or oss, which might help but you would have to try, it
> falls back to also if it fails anyway.

Well, I've installed flashplugin-nonfree-extrasound and here is my
fuser on /dev/snd/*

~$ sudo fuser -v /dev/snd/*
                    USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
/dev/snd/controlC0:  bld        6328 F.... pulseaudio
                    bld        6483 F.... mixer_applet2
/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   bld        6328 F...m pulseaudio

No sound yet, but I'll restart firefox when I get a chance and see if
things are any better.

Thanks for the tips.

cheers,
Bruce