[ubuntu-uk] UK government backs open source

Rowan rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 26 10:58:33 GMT 2009

I may not know much about operating systems, but I know a smokescreen
when I see one, and this guy Richard Steel's blog looks to me like just
one big smokescreen for the status quo as defined by whoever happens to
be in control of the bureaucracy at the time. The expression 'Open
Standards' sounds conveniently vague to me, but maybe it has some
precise meaning for some who consider it important. The 'Society of IT
Management' sounds throughly status quo oriented to me, both from this
person's blog and from its own website. I admit I have no fondness for
local government, in the first place.