[ubuntu-uk] Installing Orange wireless dongle on Ubuntu 8.10

Michael G Fletcher michael at ilovemylinux.com
Mon Feb 23 18:20:52 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:24 AM, John <jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> sorry I havent been around much, I havent been very well, and had to
> leave this.
>
> I have managed to work out this page
>
> http://www.pharscape.org/networkmanager-0.7.0-and-3g-wwan-modems.html
>
> till I get to where it says 'Disabling ZeroCD. I have uploaded the
> ozerocdoff file, but it asks you to install it, but I've tried using the
> Deb installer, but it doesnt recognise it. How can I install it. I think
> once I've installed this, then I am almost there, with what I need to
> get this to work. Anybody have any ideas?
>
> I would be really grateful for the help.
>
> John.
>
> --
John

I think you need to compile the source code.  you will have downloaded
the file udev.tar.gz (i think)

Open a terminal and cd into the folder that has the file, eg if it is
on your desktop, you would go

cd /home/username/Desktop    (replace username with your username)

then you need to unpack the contents,

tar zxf udev.tar.gz

go to the new folder

cd udev