[ubuntu-uk] Open Terminal Command on Secondary Monitor

Harry Rickards hrickards at l33tmyst.com
Mon Feb 23 16:34:47 GMT 2009

Thanks for all the help everyone. The command I'm using now that works is

'xfce4-terminal --geometry 80x25+1280+0 --fullscreen --hide-toolbars
--hide-borders --hide-menubar &'

which opens up the XFCE terminal on my second monitor (the first one
has a resolution of 1280x1024). I did have a look at wmctrl and
devilspie, and they look as though they would work, although
--geometry doesn't require an extra app so works better for me. Place
Windows also looks as though it would work, but as I said I don't
usually run Compiz.

Many thanks
Harry Rickards