[ubuntu-uk] Setting JDK 6 as default Java alternative on Ubuntu

doug livesey biot023 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 01:24:11 GMT 2009

Hi -- as part of trying to get OpenLaszlo to work on my Ubuntu machine, I
need to set it up so that the default version of Java it is running is a JDK
(preferably 6).
I've found tuts that tell me how to select from the java alternatives on my
machine, but I've no idea how to add the JDKs I've installed through
Synaptic to this list of alternatives.
I'll also need the JDK to install the latest version of Freemind & other
Java apps from source.
Can anyone advise me on how this is done?
Cheers,
   Doug.