[ubuntu-uk] Sound unlistenably quiet on Macbook 3, 1 with Intrepid

Chris Weaver chris at resonancefm.com
Sun Feb 22 21:05:09 GMT 2009

Quiet or tinny? There is a bug that does't regonise the

To quote from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook3-1/Intrepid

The sound card should be automatically detected, and you will get sound in
the internal speaker. However, the driver doesn't know about the MacBooks
third speaker that handle the mid range, and the sound will sound very
tinny. The sound in the headphone socket will sound fine. A bug
report<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/234165>has
been filed.

Chris Weaver

2009/2/21 doug livesey <biot023 at gmail.com>

> Hi -- I'm running Ubuntu on my Macbook (3,1), and the sound is incredibly
> quiet.
> I've read that this is a known issue, but was wondering if anyone knows of
> a fix for it.
> I've not managed to find anything that suggests there is.
> Cheers,
>    Doug.

Chris Weaver
Production Manager