[ubuntu-uk] new arm notebooks

Andrew Oakley andrew at aoakley.com
Sat Feb 21 07:34:19 GMT 2009

Paul Sutton wrote:
> http://www.notebooks.com/2009/01/07/new-generation-of-netbooks-199-and-299-eight-hour-battery-sexy-design/

Interesting, but the Intel Atom x86-based Asus Eee 901 can already
provide 8 hours of battery life. I've got one, and it really does.

Whilst I know Canonical are producing an ARM netbook distro of Ubuntu,
it'll be interesting to see whether the other things that we
all-too-often rely on, such as Adobe Flash, will be compiled for ARM.
Trying to sell a netbook to the hip'n'trendy young professional market,
that doesn't play Youtube, will be a difficult venture.

--
Andrew Oakley