[ubuntu-uk] Can somebody help with manual command

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Fri Feb 20 15:11:23 GMT 2009

Alec Wright wrote:
> Stick sudo in front and run it in the terminal
> sudo dpkg --reconfigure -a
>
> Sudo makes you administrator and allows you to run commands which
> affect the entire system. Itll ask you for your password
>
> 2009/2/20 John <jakewc2 at sky.com>:
>
>> Sorry again, for asking, but I tried to use a different Terminal, and it
>> says I cant use it, until I run that. So I'm rather stuck at the moment. :(
>>
>> Sorry again.
>>
>> John
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com

Thank you, I think I got that fixed now, at least the terminal seems to
be working, and I updated the files and things that came up.

What it is, I bought an Acer DVD player, and I have been trying to play
films using it. It keeps telling me that I am missing some codecs. I
followed the instructions, but it doesnt get you anywhere. Would anybody
know the codecs that are needed to use with Totem Movie PLayer, as that
seems to be my player. Or is there another player that I can use that
would play the DVD's?

Thank you again for your help. :)

John