[ubuntu-uk] Nonsensical jack sensing - A bug day idea

Jacob Williams jacobw.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 20 15:11:04 GMT 2009

Forgive me if I misunderstand, but ALSA not in the process of being
superseeded by PulseAudio?

On 20 Feb 2009, 1:43 PM, "Philip Wyett" <philwyett at gmx.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Users of Linux with ALSA on laptops and other mobile devices have for
years often been presented with the fun and games of sound working great
but then plugging in headphones leaves you with no sound or sound coming
out of speakers and headphones etc. This annoys many and makes distros
look poor to the new user in some cases. Could we have a bug day for and
in conjunction with ALSA to collect as much per user hardware and what
they set to fix it i.e. the 'options' in alsa-base to maybe allow the
ALSA project to make things better for all.

Your thoughts would be appreciated?

Regards

Phil

ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com