[ubuntu-uk] Hooking up a machine running Ubuntu to a Mark 1, BT HomeHub

Rowan rowan.berkeley at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 18:15:16 GMT 2009

Good man, Paul - there is indeed a "/" key with "|" as its upper case. I
hadn't realised they were the same. However, in this terminal anyway,
the command only works WITHOUT the "|", and it yields

dmesg [-c][-n level][-s bufsize]

WITH the "|" character inserted, it yields no response at all, it just
posts another input prompt, like what you see when you first open the
terminal.