[ubuntu-uk] Hooking up a machine running Ubuntu to a Mark 1, BT HomeHub

Guy Thouret lists at thouret.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 18:04:32 GMT 2009

Ah ok, I should have realised obviously that the machine you are issuing
the commands on is not the machine you are sending emails from.
Sorry!

Do you have access to a USB drive or similar to copy over to the windows
machine as a text file?

Failing that:
dmesg | grep Realtek
dmesg | grep Ethernet
dmesg | grep RTL

May yield the information we are seeking without the other hundred or so
lines.
(It is important here to enter Realtek and Ethernet with first letter a
capital and RTL in capitals)

| character is shift + \ on both my UK and US layout keyboards.

Guy.