[ubuntu-uk] Hooking up a machine running Ubuntu to a Mark 1, BT HomeHub

Jacob Williams jacobw.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:34:17 GMT 2009

ISP's aren't linux friendly or linux unfriendly; networking is operating
system agnostic.
Please try logging into your HomeHub through http://192.168.1.254 and
checking your laptop is listed in the Devices (or similar) section, click on
the device icon if present to see if your laptop has an IP address from the
HomeHub, if so check that it has not been blocked from accessing the
internet in the Access (or similar) section. If these two dialogs show
nothing unusual set your DNS addresses through NetworkManager to addresses
quoted on OpenDNS.com. Have you tried approaching BT for help? It may be a
faulty HomeHub, many of the white HomeHubs have myriad problems. The new
black ones are much more reliable.