[ubuntu-uk] Installing Orange wireless dongle on Ubuntu 8.10

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 20:36:01 GMT 2009

John,

Looking at the wiki it should just work
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkManager/Hardware/3G). You don't need
Oranges software, when  you plug the dongle in click on the little icon
that that normally has your wifi signal strength and things and it
should have a "Mobile Provider" or something there.

If it doesn't, when you plug it in go into a terminal (Applications ->
Accessories -> Terminal) and type "dmesg > dmesg.txt". This will
generate a lot of information in a file called dmesg.txt and then post
that back here. From that we may be able to help you some more.

Hope that helps,

-Matt Daubney