[ubuntu-uk] Custom Ubuntu for a USB key

Scott Pashley scottuss at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 14:33:52 GMT 2009

Hi,

The persistence will still allow a live boot, so for example when Linux is
booting it will detect the hardware on your computer and load the required
drivers just as it would if running from a Live CD. The persistence is only
for user files and any additional applications that you chose to install.

I have had this set up for a while and tried all sorts to get it to boot
faster. In the end I gave up, the only option for a faster boot is to do a
"proper" install to the USB drive, but then you would run into issues with
hardware on other computers (i.e not that computer you did the "proper"
install on)

Scott