[ubuntu-uk] A thank you and a quiery....

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 10:08:48 GMT 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 09:05 +0000, John wrote:
> I think I have discovered why my calendar wont work. The repositories
> install Lightening 0.8, and the provider only works with lightning 0.9.
> Is there anyway I can update lightning to 0.9? Can somebody give me the
> commands for this?
> Thank you.
> John

Hi John,

First of all, go to applications -> add/remove programs and get rid of
the lightning we installed previously.

Then grab the lightning 0.9 installer from

Then open Thunderbird and go to Tools -> Add Ons and then click the
install button that appears on that window.

 Then browse to wherever you downloaded the lioghtning add on (probab;y
on your Desktop I would guess) and open it.

Click the install now button when it appears and restart thunderbird.
You should now have Lightning 0.9 installed.

Hope that helps!

-Matt Daubney