[ubuntu-uk] A thank you and a quiery....

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Fri Feb 13 19:04:10 GMT 2009

George MacLeod wrote:

> 2009/2/13 Matthew Daubney <matt at daubers.co.uk <mailto:matt at daubers.co.uk>>
>
>     On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 12:23 +0000, John wrote:
>     > Hi, thank you for the quick reply. I have that in front of me
>     now, and
>     > it says No matching Application Available.
>     >
>     > That's what I have been getting. :(
>     >
>     > John
>     >

>     Hi John,
>
>     A quick video to make sure you have the Universe repository enabled.
>     Ignore all the junk on my Desktop, I don't have a vanilla install
>     to do
>     this on! There's also an alarming looking message on that video that
>     shouldn't appear for you, so ignore it!
>
>     http://daubers.co.uk/~daubers/thunderbird-lightning.ogv
>     <http://daubers.co.uk/%7Edaubers/thunderbird-lightning.ogv>
>
>     No sound either, sorry!
>
>     Hope that helps,
>
>     -Matt Daubney
>

>     --
>     ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com>
>

> To get Lightning working with Thunderbird and synchronising with
> Google Calendar all you need are these two add-ons to Thunderbird. I
> use this on my work LAN on  Hardy.
>
>     https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/search?q=lightning&cat=all
>     <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/search?q=lightning&cat=all>
>

>     https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/search?q=provider+for+Google+calendar&cat=all
>     <%20%20https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/search?q=provider+for+Google+calendar&cat=all>
>

> Any help?
>
> Seoras

Brilliant, thank you, this has worked to a certain extent. I have the
calendar installed, and the provider installed, but in the addons box
there is a yellow exclamation mark, with a message saying 'Requires
additional items. When I click on the reload remote calendar to get the
dates on the netbook, it all goes haywire, an alarm box opens and all
the alarms go off for about 8 alarms and I cant turn it off.

But we are getting there though.

Does anybody know how to get rid of that, and what extra bit the
provider needs to get it working?

Thank you.,

John.