[ubuntu-uk] Connecting to my ethernet Connection......

John jakewc2 at sky.com
Fri Feb 13 12:36:06 GMT 2009

I am having problems connecting to my ethernet connection, when the two
green lights appear, its still waiting for an address, when I look in
the Network box, it says Auto eth0.....never. I have rebooted the
machine, for it to try to just connect to the etherneet cable but it
keeps connecting to the wireless connection.

I just wondered if that had something to do with it not connecting to
the ethernet network.

It connects to the wireless ok, but that keeps on disconnecting when
downloading updates.

Does anybody have a ideas on why this is happening?

Thank you.

John.