[ubuntu-uk] How to write a Linux virus in 5 easy steps?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Tue Feb 10 22:14:36 GMT 2009

In the open and sharing spirit of FOSS I offer a heads up to a well
written item which looks like it needs some actions in response.
There may be some nice debate about a definition here or there, but
the real world is in this article as far as I can see.

I trust it will not be long before I can feel just a little safer?
comments welcomed.

I should say that if you have seen other items and comments about
'linux viruses' then what you read is probably still true, in a strict
sense. However, I cannot fault the information given in this item, and
it does seem that some action can be sensibly taken by both the gnome
and kde teams.

(and well done, the thunar project!!)

Article:
How to write a Linux virus in 5 easy steps
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/foobar/6229
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user #10391