[ubuntu-uk] The List

daveg at boavon.plus.com daveg at boavon.plus.com
Tue Feb 10 18:49:10 GMT 2009

I have been a member of this list for 2 days.  I have aslo subscribed to
my local linux list from the same source.
I am learning UBUNTU and LINUX. Almost 20 years ago I was a UNIX Systems
Administrator for about 2 years before embarkng on a database programming
career.
At a risk of being flamed, and with the greatest of respects, I am
disspointed by the sheer number of posts which are only distantly
connnected to UBUNTU.  In the same timeframe I have had no linux posts.
I know e-mail lists can be a little unruly at times and it is so easy to
wander off topic.  In my view there is a risk that members will be
alienated by the non-UBUNTU matters.
I'm glad I went for the daily digest - although am dissapointed that I get
4 or 5 digests per day.
DaveG