[ubuntu-uk] computer fairs

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Tue Feb 10 18:27:09 GMT 2009

Rob Beard wrote:
> On 10/02/2009 12:14, alan c wrote:
>> Just a thought:
>> If you make it  an undiluted 'Ubuntu' stand you may fall foul of the
>> confusion that considers Ubuntu to be a commercial product (being
>> sponsored) and therefore not applicable for a non trading status. I
>> could not continue if I had 35 pound costs for each table. On
>> occasions I have three tables......
>>
>> This is where the FOSS and Infopoint branding identity is so very
>> useful. there is a lot of FOSS for Windows, which I also show.
>>
> Plus I guess it covers other distros too other than just Ubuntu.
>
> I think if we were to do something in Devon we'd possibly look at using
> our Devon & Cornwall GNU/Linux User Group banner :-)
>
> Rob

Good idea,

The shoreline bar in Paignton are happy for us to put posters up prior
to lug meets, so if you wanted to invite people along, or perhaps invite
any customers who happen to be in the cafe to view a demo, of ubuntu,
that is perhaps possible.

Otherwise,  I think we need to get together, and really plan what we
want to do, what we need, how we are going to advertise, etc.

I think the idea of having a flyer with the list of applications is a
good one,  we could put those around places,  and if people want a cd
they can come and see us at a meeting perhaps,

Perhaps we can get this designed or at least printed professionally.

one of the problems with cd's esp with the open cd is they go out of
date quickly  with ubuntu the next version has a known release date but
with the open cd they can release a new version in between. for example
there is usually one around software freedom day.

Paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Next Linux User Group meet : March 7th : 3pm,  Shoreline Cafe Paignton