[ubuntu-uk] computer fairs

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Tue Feb 10 12:14:37 GMT 2009

Paul Sutton wrote:

>> The good news is that one of our very own - Alan Cocks is doing great
>> work in Bracknell, Berkshire. He's probably run more stands at
>> computer fairs than any of the other teams put together!
>>
>> If you want to know anything about running stands at computer fairs,
>> he's your man! :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Al.
>>
> I am sure if one was organised there are enough of us here, on both
> lists to have a good presence to represent free software.
>
> Lets see what happens.
> Paul

Just a thought:
If you make it  an undiluted 'Ubuntu' stand you may fall foul of the
confusion that considers Ubuntu to be a commercial product (being
sponsored) and therefore not applicable for a non trading status. I
could not continue if I had 35 pound costs for each table. On
occasions I have three tables......

This is where the FOSS and Infopoint branding identity is so very
useful. there is a lot of FOSS for Windows, which I also show.
--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user #10391