[ubuntu-uk] computer fairs

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 11:39:57 GMT 2009

On 10/02/2009 11:03, Sean Miller wrote:
> Would it not be sensible to combine a computer fair with other
> collectors type fairs, such as (perhaps) antiques and records?
>
> I don't think any of these things justify the hire of a hall these
> days on their own, but would quite happily work combined - with free
> entry, ideally, paid for by the exhibitors.
>
> Sean

Actually that's not a bad idea.  A few years back (well, okay more like
17 years ago) I went to a Amateur Radio & Electronics fair and apart
from having an amazing range of electronics they also had some stalls
selling new and second user computer bits.  IIRC I managed to pick up a
12" VGA monitor for about £30, a duff 170MB hard drive and a copy of
OS/2 2.0 :-)

Rob