[ubuntu-uk] computer fairs

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 11:35:19 GMT 2009

On 10/02/2009 08:54, Dianne Reuby wrote:
> This is interesting, on their forum:
> http://www.afm96.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=320
>
> The reasons why fairs are dying out, and vendors switching to online
> stores.
>
> Dianne

Although I do buy a lot of stuff online now, there's often times I need
to get something small which doesn't warrant high delivery costs.  For
instance I occasionally buy blank DVDs and CDs but often not many at a
time, last year when SVP was in Paignton I'd just order online and pick
them up same day from their warehouse (it was cheaper in fuel than
postage from where I lived) but now it seems that the prices have gone
up and the quality of their product range have gone down, not to mention
I have to pay £6 for delivery.  Nowadays I either wait until they have
the cheap shipping offers or just get discs locally.

If there were computer fairs in my area I'd take my business to them.
When I lived in Derby there was a computer fair at a local sports hall
about 5 mins away from where I lived, I'd go every time (there were
usually 2 a month on) and I'd often spend a good £30 or £40 a time.  I
wouldn't be surprised if a few people did the same, often buying
something like a addon card or something that they wouldn't normally get
because it was cheap.

Rob