[ubuntu-uk] Scanner recommendation?

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 11:39:10 GMT 2009

On 7 Feb 2009 at 10:54, Matthew Daubney wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 10:29 +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> > 2009/2/7 Tony Arnold <tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk>:
> > > Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced, readily available flat-bed
> > > scanner (A4) that just works with Xsane on Intrepid?
> > >

> > I recently bought an HP 6310 Printer/Scanner/Copier/Fax which worked
> > perfectly with Ubuntu. I'll not repeat here, you can see my review on
> > amazon.
> >
> > http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1V4EWO3UO7H5Z/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
> >
> > The scanning capability of this is great. Chuck a load of documents in
> > the hopper, hit the button in xsane and you're done.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Al.
>
> I have an HP printer/scanner/copier thing, one of the C series (C4280 I
> think...) and that just works. In fact the previous HP I had, a PSC
> something or other just worked too. Neither of these have a hopper thing
> though. The print quality is quite good too.
>
> -Matt Daubney

Same for my HP Deskjet F2180.  At the time I bought it, both were on
offer at WH Smiths, but the F2180 had a slightly better review.  HP
seems to have lots of printer/scanner/copier models.  Main difference
seems to be in the extras like card readers for direct printing of photos
(but Linux may not see these).

Tony