[ubuntu-uk] iPlayer + Ubuntu + Firefox + Squid = Broken

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 10:00:47 GMT 2009

Hi there,

I don't know if anyone else has come across this, but I'll ask anyway.

I'm trying to visit iPlayer on my Ubuntu laptop using Firefox, but I keep
getting the message 'content unavailable, please try again later' (or along
those lines). If I visit iPlayer using a Windows PC with Firefox I don't
receive the message.

I'm pretty sure that it must have something to do with the proxy I have to
go out through when I'm at this location. It's a Squid proxy (running on
Ubuntu Dapper) and I can only think that there must be some kind of
incompatibility somewhere. If I don't go through the proxy (for instance if
I'm at home) then iPlayer works fine.

Has anyone seen anything like this before, does anyone have any suggestions?

Chris