[ubuntu-uk] Exwick Community Centre Open Day

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 12:27:15 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

I wasn't sure if there were any other members on the list who were near
to Exeter in Devon, but I thought I'd announce this anyway as it's
Ubuntu related.

On Saturday 7th Feb (this Saturday) it's the open day of the Exwick
Community Centre in Exeter.  As part of the open day we're hoping to
officially launch the new computer suite at the centre.

The computer suite is based around Ubuntu running LTSP (hence the recent
e-mails to the list about LTSP).  I'm hoping that we can showcase Ubuntu
and Free/Open Source software to the visitors and hopefully build up a
bit more interest in Ubuntu.

The open day will be running from 12pm to 4:30pm at the Exwick Community
Centre on Kinnerton Way in Exwick, Exeter.  If anyone is near by and
would like to come along feel free to reply to this and I'll post some
more details.

I'm hoping that if this all goes well that I'll be able to get some more
community centres up and running with LTSP installations in the local
area and hopefully raise awareness of Ubuntu and Free/Open Source
software in the process.

By the way, does anyone know if it would be possible and how I'd go
about getting some promotional material such as posters, stickers etc
from Canonical?

Ta,

Rob