[ubuntu-uk] MBR

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 13:04:41 GMT 2009

On 03/02/2009 13:00, Jamie Pow wrote:
> And does that a) I asked a silly question or b)  That GRUB only allows
> configuration for multiple OS's on the one hard drvie.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jai

Grub can be configured to boot an OS from a separate hard drive.  I did
this when upgrading my hard drive, I put the old drive in on another
SATA port and the new drive on the first SATA port.  I then installed
Ubuntu and configured Grub to boot Ubuntu from the old drive.  Can't
remember exactly what I put in the menu.lst at the moment as my machine
isn't working (dead motherboard) but it is possible.

Rob