[ubuntu-uk] TinyMCE in Ubuntu

Dianne Reuby pramclub at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 24 14:08:00 GMT 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-24 at 11:30 +0000, Anthony Burton wrote:
> Do you have the paste icon available in the toolbar, if not can you
> not
> right click paste. if no, you do not have the extension for this
> functionality enabled for TimyMCE, this maybe due to when pasting into
> Tiny MCE there is the issue of
> using characters that are not suported in the webpages character set,
> ie
> ` backticks if pasting from word can cause problems. So the developer
> may have opted not to allow you to paste.

On one site, where I only have edit and publish rights, I get the
message:
"Your browser security settings don't permit the editor to automatically
execute pasting operations. Please use the keyboard for that (Ctrl+V)."

CTRL+V does nothing. :)

On my other site I don't get a message, just nothing happens. I've
looked at my security settings a few times, and can't find a problem (on
either Fx3 or Fx3.5) but I know I didn't get the problem when I used XP.

Dianne