[ubuntu-uk] Routers, open source firmware and IPv6

John Levin technolalia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 13:36:16 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Following troubles with karmic, ipv6 and my net connection, I'm looking
to get a new router, which I think will solve my problems. As karmic
works with my university network, I'm sure the problem is on my end.

I get broadband from ukfsn, with a static ipv4 address, via entanet,
over a bt line. As far as I know, this is all ipv6 compatible (though
I'm not sure whether the static ip confuses things).

So I think it is my router; I'm currently using a SafeCom swart2 54125,
and I've found ipv6 problems mentioned on some forums.

Hence, the need for a new router. Can anyone suggest a reliable, ipv6
compatible router?

TIA, and seasonal greetings,