[ubuntu-uk] website appearance with ubuntu and firefox

Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk Darren.Mansell at opengi.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 14:02:42 GMT 2009

The only thing I can see wrong is the newsletter box at the side. This
is it on Kubuntu 9.10 Firefox 3.5.5 with MS TT Core Fonts installed:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_DKika2VA5Ys/Syo5ASKSHMI/AAAAAAAAI6s/ifW_J7bo6cg/ff
_lin.png

And on Windows 7 3.5.3:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_DKika2VA5Ys/Syo5AZt3p1I/AAAAAAAAI6w/1PQxWT0Ltis/ff
_win.png

It does seem to be the fonts pushing the formatting of the form out. I
see this on sites all the time and have just gotten used to it. I find
Firefox on Windows is much faster than on Linux and even running Firefox
on wine in Linux is faster than the native version. This is why I'm
using Google Chrome a lot now.