[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu UK Christmas Drinkies

Isabell Long isabell121 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:20:20 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 08:05:20PM +0000, Alan Bell wrote:
> Isabell Long wrote:
> >
> > Will do.  Oh and no sherry (or any other alcohol) for me: 1. I'm not of legal drinking age (yet!) and 2. it's horrible stuff!
> >

> All the more for the rest of us then! Seriously though, the venue was
> chosen specifically so as to not exclude the younger members of the
> community, the launch parties are great fun but it sucks that not
> everyone can get in to them.

Ah right!  Well thanks for that!  I'd like to come to a launch party one day!  :)

> > Oh and my parents (or at least my mother) will be accompagning me.  :)
> >

> great! Does she use Ubuntu yet?

Not yet sadly, maybe you guys can do a better job of trying to convert her than I do?!  Her laptop is getting slower by the day and I am convinced it is due to Vista --
mine, although it has higher specs, is the same model and a bit older and doesn't have half the problems my mother's does (touchwood) and it runs Ubuntu fully.

--
Regards,
Isabell Long <isabell121 at gmail.com>