[ubuntu-uk] TV connected to ubuntu pc via ethernet

Andy Partington andy.partington at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:14:15 GMT 2009

Myself and Popey use the Revo, i bought mine on his recommendation... I've
ran XP with Media Portal and Ubuntu with Boxeee and XBMC and i use it daily
to watch HD copies of TV series and Films over my network via a Samba
server, i'd say the multitasking would come down to if you put 2GB of ram in
there, the process seems up to the job but sometimes can get a little memory
hungry.

I believe the Revo comes with 1GB of ram as standard ( mine did ) Voids
warranty if you upgrade yourself though so going to wait until mid next year
to upgrade mine just in case :)

Andy