[ubuntu-uk] Monitor Resolution Question

Matthew Holder mattmole at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:29:38 GMT 2009

Hi Nige,

Your new monitor should report the maximum resolution it can display.
XUbuntu will read this, and then you will be able to pick this
resolution from one of the GUI tools. In my experience, Ubuntu has
always picked the maximum resolution when it boots, and I havent had
to change it myself.

I suspect with XP you will need to install a new driver, although this
is outside the scope of this mailing list...

Cheers, Matt