[ubuntu-uk] Open Movie Editor

Liam Wilson liamwilson93 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 11:44:17 BST 2009

Tony Pursell wrote:
> On 29 Aug 2009 at 10:32, Rowan Berkeley wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else tried this? I have just installed it from the repos. and
>> attempted to make a very simple music video for upload to YouTube. I
>> used a still jpg for the video and attempted to use an mp3 audio file,
>> then an ogg version of the same audio file, but although the picture
>> seems to work (as a sustained still in the video frame), all I get in
>> the audio is static. I have looked on the web but the developer of OME
>> doesn't have much to say about 'no sound' problems except that 'there
>> might be a bug'.
>>

> Sound in Ubuntu seems to be real pain. In Audacity (or maybe Sound
> Recorder, I can't remember which), I know that ogg just gives you
> static, but mp3 works.
>
> But I find that configuring sound devices is a real nightmare for me.  I
> wish sound just worked, like it does in Windows.
>
> So I think that your problem is with Ubuntu's sound configuration
> rather than the Movie Editor.
>
> Tony

May I suggest OpenShot Movie Editor? It seems to be a lot more simpler
to use than The Open Movie Editor (As I have used both) However, it is
still work-in-progress, and there are a few features not yet
implemented, but for a simple movie with .jpg's and .mp3's, it works
just fine!

http://www.openshotvideo.com/