[ubuntu-uk] Virus/Firewall protection.....

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Aug 28 23:13:11 BST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:06 PM, jakewc2<jakewc2 at sky.com> wrote:
> Ah, I understand what uyou mean bow. I do log in but I have to use sudo to
> anything, which means I have to enter a pasword. So I am doing the right
> things there.

The key is that you have to re-enter your password... therefore you
are far more secure than, say, in XP where if you have admin
privileges things can be installed in the background without you even
being aware anything is going on -- Vista is better in this regard as
at least it asks you if you wish to run whatever.

Sean