[ubuntu-uk] I cannot get the wireless to work on Netbook.......

John Matthews jakewc2 at sky.com
Sat Aug 22 21:38:56 BST 2009

Alan Bell wrote:
> John Matthews wrote:
>
>> This time I think it might have been from an update that I had today for
>> the netbook. Plus amongst all that there wa a box asking for keyring? to
>> be allowed. With all the boxes open, I clicked on it, and I think I
>> might have clicked never, so there are no wireless connections at all on
>> the netbook. Can somebody help please?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> John.
>>

> what netbook? Can you still see a list of wireless networks available
> when you click on the network manager icon? Could it be that you have
> turned off the wireless (fn+F1 on some netbooks)
>
> Alan.

Sorry, thought I had mentioned it, its an Acer Aspire One. There is a
little button at the front of the netbook, have been holding onto that
for ages, and still nothing. No list has appeared. I have the option
connect automatically ticked in the wireless settings, and nothing. Its
like the wireless has gone. It worked before the update, I updated using
the wireless.

John