[ubuntu-uk] mythtv

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sat Aug 22 18:06:31 BST 2009

Television in my area has now become digital only and MythTV needs to be
re-set to the new transmission. When I try to access the setup from
Administration -> MythTV Backend Setup the process starts by asking for
any mythbackend processes to be closed. I click OK, enter my password,
the closing process starts and then hangs. A window labelled
mythtv-setup.real opens having within it a large, solid, black rectangle
and a smaller rectangle which lists what is going on. The last entries
suggest that there is an error to do with a Joystick disabled and a
failure to read /home/norman/.mythtv/joystickmenurc. This is then
followed by a list of entries such as:-

X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode: 2
  Minor opcode: 0
  Resource id: 0x400000e

Google has not helped so, as a last resort, I turn to the list for
guidance and advice.

Norman