[ubuntu-uk] [ADMIN] Mailing List Name was Re: British/UK

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 17 01:12:22 BST 2009

Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/8/16 William Anderson <neuro at well.com>:
>
>> Whoever named that newsgroup needs a slap; British != UK.

> "ubuntu-uk -- British Ubuntu Talk"
>
> I brought this up nearly 3 years ago on this list:-
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-uk/2006-October/000986.html
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Hi,

This is a valid point, and i've never quite felt happy with the name
either to be honest.  Therefore I have changed the name of the list to
"UK Ubuntu Talk", which isn't ideal in itself either.  However, it's
certainly better than it was.

I should raise the attention that this *could* break peoples auto
sorting rules, as you'll note:

Will now change to:

Depending how you sort the mailing lists, this could be a non-issue.
For others it could temporary break it, i can offer my apologies, but
hope you can see why this has been changed.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker