[ubuntu-uk] Automatically moving mail from a specific sender to a certain file?

Liam Wilson liamwilson93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 18:51:56 BST 2009

Hey, I'm using Thunderbird as my  default mail application for my
Emails (As  opposed to Evolution), and as I am subscribed to a number of
Mailing Lists, I thought it would be a lot simpler to organise the Lists
into folders, so each list has a folder of its own. Is it possible,
therefore, to have mail from a list sent automatically to the specific
folder?

For example, If I created a folder and called it UBUNTU-UK, would it be
possible to have all mail from this list sent automatically to that
folder as soon as it downloaded? The same goes for my other lists, such
as UBUNTU-GAMING and GNU-GENERATION, could I have them separated into
different files, and if so, how would I go about doing it? It would just
make organizing my mail a bit easier, that's all.

Thanks,

Liam Wilson