[ubuntu-uk] First generation iTouch in 9.04?

James Milligan lake54 at lake54.com
Tue Aug 11 18:02:20 BST 2009

Yeah I have an iPhone 3G and my Dad has an iPod Touch (I think 2nd gen).
On 9.04, we have a VM of Windows XP, the only difficulties arise when
updating the firmware.

I found when I updated to 3.0.1 that when it goes into Recovery Mode,
and it's different 'device', VirtualBox (of course others exist) didn't
automatically pass it through.

Apart from that, it's fine :-)

Oh, and of course, it should work for your colleague - I'm an Ubuntu
noob, so as long as he can press 'Devices, USB Devices, Device Name' on
the VB VM menu, that's the extent at which he needs to be involved,
possibly.

James