[ubuntu-uk] Configuring dsmcad daemon to startup automatically on system reboot

Alex Birchall A.Birchall at mdx.ac.uk
Wed Aug 5 12:53:32 BST 2009

Hello,

In an earlier post to this list, I explained the problem I was having
installing the Tivoli Storage Manager client on an Ubuntu Hard Heron
server, following the instructions at
http://www.adsm.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16637.  As a result of useful
replies from Jonathon Fernyhough and Alan Lord, I managed to get the
installation working and was able to do an incremental backup.

I am now trying to get the dsmcad daemon configured to startup
automatically on system reboot.  From the website
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q1=linux
+start+dsmcad&uid=swg21240599&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en I located a
script for the "Automatic startup of dsmcad daemon on system reboot on
SUSE Linux".

I then followed the instructions at
http://embraceubuntu.com/2005/09/07/adding-a-startup-script-to-be-run-at
-bootup/, but after several attempts nothing is happening.

Presumably, something is being logged somewhere, but where?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Regards,

Alex Birchall
Library Systems Manager