[ubuntu-uk] to upgrade or not (Macbook 3,1 on Ibex)

doug livesey biot023 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:06:39 BST 2009

> There is not need to upgrade at the moment unless you want to.

There's the thing, though -- I've been hearing about how much more fast &
stable Jaunty is, and surely there's reason enough there to want to upgrade!

> I have a Macbook 3.1 and I'm nearly about to press the upgrade button (I'm
upgrading a test PC to see how it affects sound and Samba in particular). I
have it dual booting with leopard so I'm perhaps in a better position if it
goes wrong. I'll report back how it goes.

Excellent news! I look forwards to hearing about it, as I currently
dual-boot Ibex with OSX (although I only use that for iTunes, now). I'll
have make my upgrade a weekend project, although the next weekend with
nothing else scheduled is probably at the end of Ibex's support time!
Although if you report all went well, maybe I'll reshuffle my caldendar to
follow suit.
Aren't I a coward? ;)
Cheers,
   Doug.