[ubuntu-uk] The answer will be no!

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 12:03:11 BST 2009

Rik Boland wrote:
> This may sound stupid and the answer will be no but just in case.
>
> If I get a tower box, could I then use my laptop as it's monitor and
> keyboard but use the box processing power?
>
> Rik

It's unlikely without a lot of messing around.  You could technically
use an S-Video or Composite Video output from a desktop PC into a
capture card plugged into a laptop but the quality would be awful.
Considering you can get an LCD screen for around £50 to £60 nowadays
it's probably going to work out cheaper doing this.  (Have a look at
Aria and their 'Super Specials', they have a 19" Widescreen LCD for
about £60 plus delivery which would be about £8).

Rob