[ubuntu-uk] Manchester Release Party Pics

Gordon Allott gordallott at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:16:35 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 10:25 +0100, Lucy wrote:
> A the Manchester release party there was at least one person in a
> Debian t-shirt and while people were keen to show off Ubuntu on their
> laptop I'm pretty sure most people there used/use at least one other
> distro.

There was a good number of people at the manchester party who weren't
necessaryly, "ubuntu people", I met a few gentoo users, a lot of debian
users and even one slackware fan.

If anything I just think the ubuntu community is more orientated around
the people that use ubuntu rather than ubuntu the software. Once you get
out of the mindset that the software is a "holy grail" of sorts and
realise that we are all a bunch of people in the same boat then it feels
much more friendly.

--
Gordon Allott <gordallott at gmail.com>