[ubuntu-uk] jaunty upgrade safe enough for me?

Christopher Dalby chris at cjdalby.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 14:14:10 BST 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 01:38:10PM +0100, Farran Lee wrote:
> hi all
> sorry to sound like I'm doubting Jaunty... I'm not, it's just I'm wary
> for a few reasons:
>
> - I've had lots of trouble with upgrades before
> - my ubuntu currently installed has a few (several) weird issues
> - I'm about to start exams
>
> So, would you say it's safe and stable enough for me to just click
> 'upgrade' and leave it? Perhaps there are files I could pastebin for you
> to check out, to see if my system will throw up errors?
> Sorry to be awkward :P I just don't have the time for a broken computer,
> yet I really would like to upgrade it
>
> thanks :)

I only upgrade via a fresh install from one LTS to another.... Im on
Hardy Heron 8.0.4.2, and previously on Dapper Drake.... I like
stability!

Besides, I use Fluxbox with mainly text/console apps, so the latest
and greatest doesn't really bother me...

Sometimes it is better to wait and see how a new distro works out and
wait for the bugs to be ironed out....especially if you are on your
main and/or only desktop.

RoboNuggie