[ubuntu-uk] jaunty available

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 13:59:10 BST 2009

mac wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
> <snip>
>> A niggly thing I found was that the display was slow (I have Intel
>> video) although reading the Ubuntu Wiki I found a couple of options to
>> speed it up although I haven't done the hack to enable Compiz, I'll just
>> wait for the bug fixed drivers.
>

> Rob >>> I'm having similar issues with my Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop,
> which ran compiz fine under 8.04 and 8.10, but is very clunky now with
> 9.04.  I've been trying to find the fixes you alluded to, but can't seem
> to get the search right.  I'd be grateful if you could give me some
> pointers to where this material is.
>
> TIA
>
> mac

Rob >>> Worry not!  I found the stuff  on the forum (rather than the
wiki) here:

But it involves fairly extensive hacking of the kernel and other stuff,
with third-party software.  Tell you what -- I'll just turn the fancy
and rather non-essential compiz effects off, eh?  And get on with using
the apps!

Cheers

mac