[ubuntu-uk] Using rsync (or something) to remotely backup a windows drive

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Apr 24 12:53:00 BST 2009

Michael Holloway wrote:
> There is a command line tool for windows i think called "robocopy" (im
> not in the office to check). On my network I use a scheduled task of
> robocopy to backup windows machines to a local samba share, and then
> rsync that to replicate remotely. I do an incremental backup which is
> normally pretty quick, but I'm not sure about restore previous versions
> etc.

Hello, Michael.

There is an Amanda client for Windows too:

	http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Zmanda_Windows_Client

Not used the Amanda client on Windows though - I use Linux ;-)

Bye,

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK