[ubuntu-uk] jaunty available

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 12:26:04 BST 2009

David King wrote:
> I am trying to download Ubuntu Netbook Remix, after having recently
> bought an Asus Eee PC 901. I like Xandros (KDE mode), but its system
> space is so limited that I cannot do much with it.
>
> The UNR looks better in its design in easy mode than Xandros, but not
> much good if I cannot even download it. Currently it seems I have 1 day
> 23 hours left to download the file, even though it is only 947 MB in
> size. I am on broadband.
>
> So I would really like to have it as a torrent. If someone has this as a
> torrent please post a link.
>
> David King

I found last night installing things on Intrepid took quite a while, I
presume the mirrors are being hammered at the moment.  Luckily I managed
to pick up Jaunty Desktop during the day and I don't need any other
images just yet so I'll probably leave them until the weekend (torrents
are heavily throttled on my broadband connections).

Checking the Virgin Media mirrors, they now look to be up to date, not
sure how quick they'll be, but for Virgin Media customers it might offer
a bit more speed.  The mirror can be found here:
ftp://ubuntu.virginmedia.com/mirrors/ubuntu/releases/9.04/

HTH

Rob