[ubuntu-uk] Sound Input

mac ammonius.grammaticus at gmx.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 06:06:08 BST 2009

Tony Pursell wrote:
> I want to use the great new Netbook Remix on my EEEPC...
> ...the sound input just does not work, either
> using the built in mic or a plugged in mic.
<snip>
> Does anyone have any ideas how I can get sound input working?

Tony >>> This may not be much direct help, but perhaps a pointer.  My
Samsung NC10's mic did not work out of the box with 8.10, and this
appeared to be a known issue about the ALSA driver and kernel version.
The fix was to compile an updated driver from newer ALSA source, as
described here:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NC10#Audio%20-%20Alsa%20Driver

As I say, this may not be of any direct use, but it may be worth
checking to see if this is related to your issue.

Good luck with finding a fix

mac